One of the major concerns of website owners, both big and small, is data security. There could be valuable information stored on the server whose possible leakages could bring the entire company on its knees. Most traditional web hosting is vulnerable to DDoS attacks, malware and other malicious cyberattack attempts. On the other hand, Cloud Hosting is considered as one of the safest alternatives to guard against a security breach. Also, the added advantage of Cloud Hosting is that it stores data in the cloud instead of a single physical server, which may suffer from frequent hardware and software failures.
In the scenario of increasing security breaches, the importance of data backups cannot be understated. It is vital to take frequent backups of your complete website, so that, in the event of any disaster, one can restore the website in the least possible time. However, the obsolete method of creating backups in physical drives, though still effective, has its own set of problems. They are prone to damages and getting corrupted. Cloud backups provide an alternative. One of the most popular cloud backup services is CodeGuard. However, before understanding CodeGuard and its features, let us have a look at the importance of backing up your data.
Why Do Backups For Your Website?
- Increased cyberattacks: Various research suggests that the number of cyberattacks is increasing every year. In fact, every 0.65 seconds, a new website is compromised by malware. Virus attacks and other security breaches by hackers for sabotaging your business reputation can do a lot of damage.
- Monetary Loss: This is true, especially for e-commerce or business websites. Going downtime even for a few seconds can cause a huge economic loss for the company. Backups can help in the restoration of websites in an easy manner.
- Hardware and software failures: Backups can prevent data loss during hardware failures. Sometimes, even during software updates, unexpected things can happen and can block you from accessing your data.
What is CodeGuard?
CodeGuard is a cloud-based automatic back up service. It monitors and tracks for changes in your website and notifies them via an email. The whole process is automated, and the off-site backup feature can help you recover from any disaster seamlessly. CodeGuard backups involve a four-step process to work to its full potential with your website.
- Connecting with the website: The simple process requires some of your credentials to get connected to your website.
- Creating backups: After creating an initial backup, CodeGuard tracks for any changes made and stores the files on the cloud. You can configure the settings as per your needs.
- Monitoring: Once configured, it monitors the slightest changes made to your website and notifies you instantly. Additionally, it notifies you for any viruses, malware or trojan threats on your website.
- Restore: It provides a repository of backups to choose from, so, you can restore to a previous date without any hassle.
Features of CodeGuard
CodeGuard is more than just a backup tool. It has numerous features that it has patented overtime to provide you with a one-stop solution in website security.
- MalwareGone: It’s a malware cleanup tool that automatically scans and fixes any threats on your website. It instantly notifies you through ChangeAlert email notifications for any such malicious attempts, and you can remedy the situation with just a single click. Without the use of the CodeGuard backup tool, most of these viruses and malware can go unnoticed and can compromise the security of your website.
- CodeGuard Daily Monitoring: It monitors your website every day for any changes, and then notifies you instantly. It is helpful for businesses, both big and small, who can concentrate on other aspects of their business.
- Automatic Website Backup: CodeGuard for website backup works much like a GIT Repository system. Automatic backups are created for any changes made, giving you the option to restore your website to the previous state.
- Easy setup: Setting up CodeGuard requires no prior knowledge. You just need to connect your SFTP and MySQL database with the CodeGuard and let CodeGuard do the rest.
- Website Restore: With CodeGuard, you can easily download the contents of your website to your personal computer. The Zip file can then be easily uploaded to restore any previous version of your website.
- Infinite Backups: CodeGuard gives you the option to decide the time for which you want to store backups. The default setting is for 90 days but can be changed to store the data infinitely or permanently.
- Encryption: CodeGuard backups are encrypted with AES 256-bit technique, which means hackers won’t be able to comprehend your data.
- Mobile Access: CodeGuard backups for your website can be accessed from mobile devices as well.
- Website migration: CodeGuard allows seamless migration from one website to another.
Benefits of Using CodeGuard for Website Backup
- Convenience: With CodeGuard integrated with your website, you don’t have to keep a reminder every time you need to take backups manually.
- Accessibility: CodeGuard, being cloud-based, allows you to access your backups remotely from anywhere and anytime.
- Affordability: As with most cloud services, CodeGuard is a cost-effective solution for the features it provides. It eliminates the cost of purchasing physical hardware and drives.
- Security: With AES 256-bit encryption technique, your data enjoys enhanced security.
- Data versioning: All backups are stored with version information attached, so you can restore your website with any version you like.
- Reliability: As mentioned previously, CodeGuard allows you to restore instantly, thereby avoiding downtime for your website. Higher uptime score for your website ensures enhanced user experience.
- Resource management optimization: With automated backups, you get the freedom to optimize your resources for other aspects of your business. Your IT management team can do other important work rather than being worried about creating backups.